rise is a 100% self-funding non-profit which means that every dollar donated goes directly to our social entrepreneurship programs. Fundraising and securing donations are essential for purchasing the materials needed to conduct our training and development programs in sub-saharan Africa.
As our Lesotho program is scheduled to launch in the fall of 2017, we are actively seeking corporate and individual sponsors for the following areas:
Sponsor an International Tutorial Workshop
Sponsoring a workshop allows you to send a member of your company to Lesotho for a week to help run a tutorial on a specialized topic. Possible workshops ideas include materials use, sustainability, building technology, design and detailing, and professional practices.
Donation Amount: $10,000 includes accommodation, flights, meals, and transportation.
Sponsor the 2-week Participatory Design Workshop
Sponsoring a Participatory Design Workshop allows you to brand the workshop in your company name and benefit from extensive marketing opportunities.
Donation Amount: $8,000
Sponsor an International Student
Sponsoring an International Student will allow an interested student from anywhere in the world to participate in one week of tutorial workshops and assist on the construction of the project.
Donation Amount: $5,000 includes accommodation, flights, meals, and transportation.
Sponsor a Training Documentary
Sponsoring a Training Documentary will allow a film-maker to make a training documentary that can be used by the international community as a learning tool for additional education after the completion of the project in 2018.
Donation Amount: $3,500
Is your business, organization, school or community group interested in a fundraiser for rise? Here are a few ideas that can help to generate donations, educate participants about rise’s social entrepreneurship mission, and provide a fun time!
- Enter a sporting competition such as a 10km run, half marathon, triathlon on your own or as a group and seek donations to support rise.
- As a group or on your own, give an extreme sport a try such as sky-diving, mountain climbing… and seek donations to support rise.
- Organize a dinner party, outdoor cookout or a family-friendly get-together where participants donate to rise.
- Set up a YouCaring (www.youcaring.com) page for fundraising. Whether it’s to support an activity like the ones listed above or simply for donations, this online donation platform provides an easy to use and secure environment.
- Learn more about rise in the city (www.riseinthecity.com), a very special event and art auction inspiring change.
Other ways you can help
In addition to the fundraising and sponsorship opportunities listed above, rise also accepts tax-deductible donations of any size.
Please help us spread the word by encouraging your friends, family, and colleagues to sign up for updates and stay informed of our progress. Thank you in advance for your financial support and generosity!