Participating in our workshops is a wonderful way to get involved and be a part of creating a culture of sustainable social entrepreneurship in Sub-Saharan Africa.
If you are a student or recent graduate in the areas of architecture, construction, green building techniques, or environmental design, we encourage you to learn more about our workshop programming and apply to participate in an upcoming fellowship or workshop.
If you are a design or architecture professional interested in leading a workshop abroad, we encourage you to consider sponsoring a workshop and participating as a tutor.
International undergraduates and graduate students
Join a team of 10 to 20 young local construction, engineering and architecture graduates from Lesotho in designing and building a block of toilets for a Primary School in Lesotho.
We are welcoming International Students in the Built Environment field for skills sharing and improving infrastructure design in Lesotho: 12th to 26th August 2022
in loco Fellowship Program
Fellowships are available to Lesotho citizens, who have graduated in architecture, construction management, engineering, bricklaying, electrical installation, carpentry, plumbing or any other related diploma or degree.
Following a “hands-on, participatory design” approach, we work in close collaboration with members of the local community to design, refurbish and construct new social enterprise facilities for vulnerable communities. At the same time, fellows receive entrepreneurship and business training as well as be part of a mentoring program. The program focuses on providing essential skills needed to initiate individual entrepreneurial ventures.
Basotho graduates can apply to join a cohort of other like-minded fellows interested in learning by doing and taking a practical approach to architecture and construction.
Benefits of our in loco fellowship program include:
- Work as part of a team of 10 to 15 young construction, engineering and architecture fellows in our exciting knowledge exchange program, improving your chances of employment and gaining valuable skills to start your own projects and entities.
- Gain practical experience and develop a portfolio of your work.
- Mentorship opportunities from industry leading experts who will assist you in making the most of your skills and help you to prepare for a professional career.
- Meet new people and get to learn new cultures, as you learn and work with international construction, engineering, and architecture professionals and students from the USA, Europe, and Asia.
- Make a difference to vulnerable local communities.
Corporate and Individual Workshop Sponsorship Opportunities
There are a variety of workshops which can be sponsored by individuals or business entities, and allow you to support rise while sharing your knowledge with African and international students in design and construction.
International Tutorial Workshop
This workshop involves your company with running a week-long tutorial on a specialized topic. Possible workshop ideas include material use, sustainability, building technology, design and detailing, and professional practices.
For more information about sponsorship opportunities and ways to donate to rise, please visit our Fundraising page, or download a copy of our Corporate Sponsorship Brochure